You may have heard the term ‘white glove’ and wondered what it means, could it be medical? As you would expect, ‘white glove’ means it is technical, so technical logistics would be a fair description and this is a booming sector that encompasses many industries. Hi-tech equipment is gradually replacing the mechanical systems we have used for so many years and the touch screen will soon become the norm, and white glove logistics is a vital support industry for all technical equipment.
Critical Business Sectors That Rely on White Glove Logistics
The following are just some of the sectors that need white glove logistics:
- Banking & Finance – ATMs and cash deposit machines are installed and managed by white glove technicians. As we move into a cashless society, there will be more of a demand for the transportation and installation of digital equipment and white glove logistics is there every step of the way.
- Telecommunications – Data centres are their speciality; they can install from new, relocate and dismantle data centres of all sizes. International communication networks of all kinds are also catered for, and with industry approved technicians, you can expect an uneventful delivery and installation.
- Medical & Healthcare – Most of the hospital equipment (scanners and monitors) requires specialist logistics from a leading company such as www.rhenus-hightech.co.uk, who have all the solutions. All fitness equipment is installed by white glove teams and configured, ready to go, while the tech guys will also train the staff on how to use the management system that controls all the fitness equipment.
- IT Hardware – When a company wishes to replace 450 workstation terminals, they call on the white glove logistics provider, who can replace, upgrade, install and dispose of WEEE. We all know that PCs have a lifespan of around 4-5 years and often, when the time comes, it is cheaper to replace all the computers and screens than to upgrade. Click here for some great new tech to look out for.
- Retail – Digital signage and touch-screen information boards are everywhere and this demands specialist handling by industry approved technicians who are trained by the manufacturer. Shopping malls are turning to touch screen and voice solutions with their informational signage and it won’t be too long before the robot assistant will personally guide you to your destination!
Exciting Career Opportunities
There’s no doubt that white glove logistics is here to stay and it will evolve alongside industry to provide the essential service of transport, installation and configuration. If you are IT minded and love a challenge, becoming a white glove technician could be the career for you; working to fixed deadlines, you must overcome the kind of obstacles that come with transporting and positioning a 20-million pound medical scanner. Much of your time would be spent attending workshops to familiarise you with new tech, allowing you to work with hi-tech equipment and you would have to be manufacturer-approved at all times.
White glove logistics is just one of many new business sectors that are emerging and its future is looking rosy.