If you live in Australia and are looking to relocate, you will obviously need a real estate agent to list your home, and sourcing the high-performers is never easy, as every single agent will tell you they are the best at what they do. You could waste a lot of time and money by hiring an agent that does not have a good track record, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to help you find a buyer in good time.
- Use a Real Estate Agent-Finding Service – There are websites that offer accurate data on all local real estate agents in Australia, and what’s more, the service is completely free to the homeowner, as the agent pays the agent-finder a small commission on the completion of a sale. Once you arrive on the website, simply click on ‘sell’ and then enter the required information into the fields provided, and within seconds, you will receive a list of local real estate agents that the service recommends.
- Present the Property in a Professional Manner – Whether you are trying to sell your car or your home, presentation is everything, so you should first carry out any remedial work or repairs that need to be done. If the agent feels the property needs some work, they would make a few recommendations, and when all is ready, they would send a professional real estate photographer to capture the best images, and with a professional property description, potential buyers can make an appointment to view. Some real estate agents offer virtual property inspections, which are very popular with would-be buyers, as they can get the feel of a property prior to making a viewing appointment. Here is some more information about homestaging, which is a recommended read if you are looking to sell quickly.
- Gather Background Data on Real Estate Agents – This is easily done if you visit a real estate agent-finding website, where http://www.imagenesfotos.com/house/the-importance-of-home-staging-when-selling-your-home/you can find out how many units an agent has sold this year, the average sale price and the average number of days until a property is sold. Armed with this data, choosing the best agent to list your property is quite easy, and you can also find out the agent’s rate of commission and compare that with the national average.
- Maximise your Exposure – The more potential buyers view your property, the better the chance of securing a quick sale, and by choosing agents with a great track record, you can greatly improve the chances of a quick deal. The agent-finder has all the critical data on every real estate agent that covers your area, and this can be found with a click of the mouse, enabling you to source the high-achievers.
- Be Prepared to Negotiate – It might be dropping your asking price, or being prepared to leave certain furniture items, as most property buyers are looking for as much as they can get in terms of cost, and if you are not rigid about this, you might get lucky and strike up a deal quickly. Here is some Australian government information on buying and selling property, which includes grants for first-time buyers.
With a free online real estate agent-finding service at your disposal, you can quickly find out who the best agents are and using the same platform, you can contact the agents you have selected.